Project Life:Clark Edition

Project Life:Clark Edition

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Attempt at Project Life

Week 1

Project Life is a scrapbooking and photography concept. Some people do it purely through photography and others do a scrapbook. You can use the traditional paper, scissors, and adhesives. You can buy kits of products such as the Becky Higgins line of supplies -both traditional and for the digital community. Or you can just do your own digital thing using a variety of digital resources. That's my plan. My goal is to do a 1 or 2 page spread for each week of the year documenting not only the big events but the little details of life as well. Project Life is all about scrapping every part of life and it's about doing it efficiently yet artistically though beautiful layouts and lots of journaling. I take so many pictures and there is no way I will ever be able to traditionally "Scrap" them all. The digi-scrapping is faster and also lends itself to being able to use more photos if you want to. I intend to wither print the 12x12 layouts at the end of the year or  maybe have them printed as a 12x12 coffee table book.

Here is my first page. I didn't take a lot of photos the first week of the year so this is it for now although I may go back and do a spread about some detail of our life like what our house is like or the cars we own at the time. That's what Project Life is about - documenting all those details so that later we can remember everything.


2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly cool! I bought a scrapbook intending to do one for Collin, but I think digital is really more my thing than cutting and taping and whatnot. Plus, I have crap handwritting ;) I made the grandmas a Shutterfly bookof Collin pics, but I might have to try my hand at digital scrapping because they seem more informal and loosey goosey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make them informal or really fancy smancy. Some people go nuts with the embellishments. There are lots of free kits out there too like this one that I used for the layout I did for the contest. Click on the images on the right column to download the papers, elements and templates. The templates are super handy. I love masks! Lots of the kit designers offer freebies on their FB pages regularly and so do the sites that sell them.

      https://www.persnicketyprints.com/storyteller

      Delete

lilypie ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers